Anti-Ragging - Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
This is for the information of the students of the Panjab University Campus that
"RAGGING IS COGNIZABLE OFFENCE AND IS BANNED IN ANY FORM
INSIDE & OUTSIDE THE CAMPUS"
|Ingredients/forms of Ragging
- Abetment to ragging;
- Criminal conspiracy to rag;
- Unlawful assembly and rioting while ragging;
- Public nuisance created during ragging;
- Violation of decency and morals through ragging;
- Injury to body, causing hurt or grievous hurt;
- Wrongful restraint;
- Wrongful confinement;
- Use of criminal force;
- Assault as well as sexual offences or unnatural offences;
- Criminal trespass;
- Offences against property;
- Criminal intimidation;
- Attempts to commit any or all of the above mentioned offences against the victim(s);
- Physical or psychological humiliation;
- All other offences following from the definition of "Ragging".
- Cancellation of admission.
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges;
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits;
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process;
- Withholding results;
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel;
- Cancellation of admission;
- Rustication from the Institution for period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters;
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period;
- Fine ranging between Rs. 25,000/- to Rs. 1 Lakh;
- Rigorous imprisonment upto 3 years.
- Collective punishment: When the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment.
Student becoming a victim of ragging should immediately inform to the concerned Chairperson/ Warden as the case may be besides contacting on Helpline nos. given below.
Dean Student Welfare
Helpline Numbers for reporting the Ragging:
|Dean Student Welfare
||7087033309, Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Dean Student Welfare (W)
|Assistant Registrar (DSW) ||2541596, 2534565
|Chief-Security Officer ||7087033322, 2534289
|Security Officers ||9501229494, 9872877744, 9888307832, 9569577963
|PU SECURITY HELPLINE NUMBER ||9779737403 (24 HOURS SERVICE), 2771170, 253-4891, 253-6164
|Anti Ragging Helpline at ||email@example.com
|National Anti Ragging Free Helpline No. ||1800-180-5522 (24x7 Toll Free)
|PU Anti-Ragging Squads|| Anti-Raggin Squads
Enquiry No(s): 1800-180-2065, +91 172 2534818, 2534866 (from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm & 2:30 pm to 5:00 pm on working days including Saturday)